Holiday Home Insurance?

Holiday home insurance is an important factor in ensuring you are protected against many potential disasters, such as extreme weather, break-ins, and fires. Just like home insurance, keeping your holiday home investment financially secure will bring great peace of mind to an asset that is meant to be enjoyable and stress-free.

To ensure that your holiday home is adequately protected, thought should be given to purchasing a comprehensive holiday home insurance policy that covers the home itself, its contents, and any liability you may have as its owner.

Buying insurance isn’t always as straightforward as perhaps we believe it is and can be further complicated by the specific needs of covering your holiday home. That’s where KGJ can help. With decades of experience in providing insurance advice and brokering in a wide variety of sectors, KGJ can find the ideal cover for your situation – and help you avoid the pitfalls of buying online.

What Does Comprehensive Holiday Home Insurance Include?

Comprehensive holiday home insurance policies can be refined to suit your individual needs, and KGJ will be at your side to ensure you get the bespoke cover you require for your circumstances.

For information purposes, here are just some examples of what we could advise when we help clients insure holiday homes:

  • Property Damage – This covers damage to your holiday home caused by events such as fire, theft, vandalism, or weather-related damage.
  • Liability Insurance – This protects you from legal liability if someone is injured on your property or if you cause damage to someone else’s property.
  • Contents Insurance – This covers the contents of your holiday home, including furniture, appliances, electronics, and personal belongings.
  • Loss of Rental Income – If you intend to let out your holiday home, this covers you if your property is damaged and you are unable to rent it out for a period.
  • Alternative Accommodation – This provides coverage for alternative accommodation if your holiday home becomes uninhabitable due to damage.
  • Legal Expenses – This covers legal expenses if you ever need to take legal action related to your holiday home.

Cover can vary across different policies and insurance providers, but the experts at KGJ are on hand to cut through the noise and secure you a tailored policy that fits your exact needs.

Can I Insure My Holiday Home if I Let It Out?

Of course. The process is broadly the same concerning the individual policies listed above, and the experts at KGJ will ensure your policy includes all the eventualities you want to protect against if renting out your holiday home. Premiums can be lower if the property is only rented out to friends and family, for example.

What Can I Do To Keep My Holiday Home Insurance Premiums Down?

Here are just a few steps to consider before taking out a new holiday home insurance policy, that could help to lower the premium you will pay:

  • Inspect the Property – Before purchasing insurance, it’s a good idea to inspect your holiday home and make any necessary repairs or upgrades to ensure it’s in good condition.
  • Install Security – Consider security measures such as burglar alarms, smoke detectors, and CCTV cameras to protect your property and reduce the risk of theft or damage.
  • Keep Records – Keep an inventory of all the contents in your holiday home, including furniture, appliances, and personal belongings. This can be useful in the event of a claim.
  • Keep Up to Date – Once obtained, review your holiday home insurance policy annually and make sure it is up to date with any changes in your property or circumstances.
  • Maintain Your Property – Regular maintenance of your holiday home, such as cleaning gutters and checking for leaks, can help prevent damage and reduce the risk of claims.

It’s always important to read the terms and conditions of your policy carefully and make sure you understand what is covered and what isn’t. With KGJ at your side, we will explain everything you require clarification on in plain English. Our job isn’t done until you are completely satisfied.


Can I Insure My Holiday Home Abroad with a UK-Based Insurance Company?

You can. Maybe you need insurance for a holiday home in France, Spain, Cyprus or elsewhere outside of the British Isles, but would still like the insurance policy to come from a UK-based provider. Many people do this, and it offers great advantages should you need to make a claim.

These include being able to deal with English-speaking claim handlers, having all your paperwork in English, and ensuring the process of claiming is easier if you are not fluent in the language that is local to your overseas holiday home.

And if something were to happen, you can rest assured that KGJ will be on hand to assist with the claims process with the same care and attention that we give to all clients, wherever they are in their insurance policy process.


Don’t Risk It – Trust the Experts at KGJ

We hope you have found this information helpful and that you now have a better understanding of the holiday home insurance process. We pride ourselves on placing our clients’ needs front and centre, and are only a phone call away if you need further details or would like to begin the process of securing a bespoke holiday home insurance policy through KGJ.

Call us today on 01384 390909 or email us at and we’ll be only too happy to help.

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.